Garage doors are a daily part of the lives of many homeowners. They can be both functional and decorative, but they also need to be durable. Consider installing high quality garage doors for your homes in Grand Junction, CO. This article will help you decide which type and brand of quality garage doors are right for your home.
What is the most reliable garage door?
Amarr Garage Doors is one of the most reliable garage doors right now. But, there’s two more brands that we consider to be reliable and high quality. And one of them is Carriage House Door. They are known to provide excellent craftsmanship in providing unique and high quality garage door designs for over 20 years.
Another quality garage door brand to also look at is Raynor Garage Doors. They have over 75 years of experience in manufacturing garage doors in the United States, with more than 800 distributors in the U.S. and 60 distributors in 50 countries.
Is Amarr a good garage door?
Amarr Garage Doors is highly regarded as one of the best garage door manufacturers in the United States, with products that are both attractive and long-lasting. Amarr, a global leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of sectional doors for residential garages, condominiums, commercial buildings, shopping malls, warehouses, and other industrial applications, was founded in 1951. Amarr’s quality garage door products are distributed to more than 80 Door Centers in the United States, Mexico, and Canada and are sold in leading retailers in America. So, if you’re looking for premium quality garage doors and openers, Amarr is a product we highly recommend to our customers.
Let’s Determine a Quality Garage Door
When you want to replace your garage door, you should look at the quality of the door. You can’t tell if it is good just by looking at it. But there are ways to figure out its quality before it is installed. We have a list of things that might help you do just that.
- A garage door’s safety should be assessed first. Safety is the most important thing because it can protect you, your family, and your car. Many people think that the laser at the bottom of the door is the most important safety feature, but it’s not. The most important safety features are a working motor and an opener. They keep you safe when your garage door is getting close to closing on you. If you have kids in your house, make sure that if they come near your garage door, it will stop closing on them and will not pinch their fingers. The brackets that attach the garage door to the supports on the ground are important because they keep it from loosening.
- The garage door’s door springs generate the force that opens the garage door. These springs are firmly wound when the door is closed. To keep the safety of those nearby in mind, at the top of a garage door there is usually some sort of steel tube containing tightly wound springs. These counterbalanced springs are important for opening and closing any type of garage door because they generate all that force needed to do so. If these coils break or get exposed due to wear from age, then it can be dangerous for everyone around them as well.
- Steel garage doors can last for decades. The metal is strong and lasts a long time. The finish that it has protects it from the outside. But, not all garages are made of steel! For example, vinyl or plastic may also last for a long time depending on how they are made and what company sold them to you.
Your garage door has a warranty. It is good for one year or some limited time. But some high-quality doors come with lifetime warranties that are limited to the parts of the door. Quality garage doors are built from solid and lasting materials and have the best safety features. You can tell by looking at these two things if you are getting the best quality.
Choose the Best Type of Garage Doors
Learn how to choose the best type of garage doors for your home.
Roller doors for Garage
A high-performance roll-up or coiling door can be made without springs and it is good for the environment because it does not have any rusting. This type of door has an upfront cost that is higher than a sectional design, but it is worth the investment because of its durability.
Slide to the Side Garage Doors
This door works by bending to one side and sitting parallel with the wall. Slide to the side doors don’t need balancing springs and feature a retractable motor built in for automated operation.
Side-Hinged Garage Doors
A hinged frame can be found on either the right or left side of the opening and closing section. This is often made of wood, however it can also be built of steel if desired. They’re large, like barn doors, and open and close by swinging from one side to the other. You can have them pre-hung in steel frames or have them custom-made for your home’s existing aperture with specific conversion arms for mechanization if needed.
Sectional Garage Doors
Sectional doors are made up of three to eight panels that move up and over each other. Sectional doors take up the same amount of area within the garage as a monolithic door. Sectional doors have two advantages over monolithic doors with a single panel:
- A sectional door does not require any space outside the garage to open. You can park your car very close to the garage before opening the door.
- The door track is connected to each panel of a sectional door. This makes the door more dependable and durable than monolithic doors, which have only a few connections between all panels.
A garage door system can be a big problem if it is not working. It should be serviced at least twice a year to prevent problems. Make sure one of those services takes place in the fall before the cooler weather and snow comes. In the early spring, when temperatures and moisture levels have changed, check your garage door again.
Grand Junction, Redlands, Fruita, Orchard Mesa, and Fruitvale, CO are all served by Quality Garage Doors for garage door repair, maintenance, and installations. Contact Quality Garage Doors at 970-243-8290 for a free quote if you’re looking for top quality garage door installation in Mesa County, Colorado.